Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What was I thinking?

So a couple of months ago I put up my Facebook page to help my friends who are intimidated by tech stuff and in particular the internet. What I failed to consider is that it wasn't the internet that scared them but the computer's 'on' button.

I have received more questions since I put up that blasted page than I did before, yet when I have asked my friends, "How 'bout asking me a question on my page?" the response is, "But I don't really get on the computer much. I really want to but I don't know a whole lot, and I'm not sure that I even know how to post things on Facebook -- even though my daughter [or insert some other relative] says it's easy. Can you just come over sometime and show me?"

Well, if I had lots of spare time, I would since I do love people and love solving problems -- at least of the computer kind. But I was sort of hoping I could answer some of those questions at 4am in the morning when it's quiet around my house.

Okay, so I'm not sure the page was a good idea for promoting help, but I had fun making it and will post there anyway. Maybe I have more spare time than I thought. :D

No comments: